The NHL released all team schedules this week and fans are ecstatic! Click here to take a look at the full San Jose Sharks schedule.
The Sharks start the season off at the Tank (or newly renamed SAP Center) against the Vancouver Canucks on October 3. Starting the season off at home against a rival like the Canucks will make for a thrilling beginning! Add this date to your calendar, you won’t want to miss it!
Highlights of the season include:
- Three home games to start the season, with the first road game also being against the Canucks.
- Those of us a little too far to constantly drive down for week night games will love to hear there are 14 weekend games scheduled, mostly on Saturdays with one lone Sunday game on December 29th against the Ducks.
- 28 games will be played against the Pacific Division and 22 games against the Central Division. The remaining games will be played against the Eastern Conference, with the Sharks playing each team twice (one at home, one away). Fans will have a chance to see every NHL team in San Jose this season!
- The 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia will create a 19 day break from February 8th through February 27th for the Sharks. However I predict there will be plenty of chances to cheer for Shark teammates throughout the Olympic competition, though no final teams have been aligned.
- And the number one highlight: The first chance to fight back against the Kings will happen on October 30. Having to wait will be worth the few weeks; and despite being in LA, will be arguably the most intense game of the first month. This also happens to be on my birthday, so who’s in for a road trip?
Dust off those sweaters! The season will start before you know it!